Thursday, October 19, 2017

BRAIN FOOD

Good Morning my friends, so yesterday I talked about "brain food" in my post, and some of you had some questions about it and what that was all about.

Definitely needs brain food...lol...

So my diagnosis at the vet is called CDS which is a common issue for senior dogs and is a disorder similar to Alzheimer's disease in humans.  In my case because I lived in a puppy mill until I was between 4-6 months old I most likely did not have all the nourishment I needed as a puppy and good care so that could be why I am having this problem at such a young age of seven years old.  The vet said the first year of a puppies life is very important when it comes to getting the proper nutrition that will carry over the rest of their lives.

Some of the symptoms of this disorder can be disorientation, lack of interest in playing, sleeping during the day a lot, restlessness at night, problems with elimination...things like this.

I have some of these things going on in my life right now BUT the good news is I am taking some new meds, and waiting on the vets okay to start my new food.   It is called B/D from Hills and it is a prescription food.  It has lots of good nutrients in it to help with my problem and also Mom can give me fruits, vegetables, fish and some vitamins.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

I look at it this way.........it could be a whole lot worse.  There are a lot of animals in our world right now who live in horrible environments and have never known what it feels like to be loved.  I on the other hand have the best life with all the love in the world and beyond.  Course I do have to deal with Mags and Gussie and Dads menagerie, but that's okay.  

Friends, I am going to be just fine.  Stella Rose

Here is a pic of mom and petey that Ms. Mary Ann took when she came to visit us last Friday.  Petey is growing.

23 comments:

  1. Stellie, I am very glad yous gonna be okay BUTT...STOP being unkind to my BFF. Really she are the smartest pup going!!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know you will be just fine Stella Rose but we will keep our paws crossed that you will feel even better soon with your new food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we cross all paws and fingers and we hope that the new food is magic and helps you a lot. your petey is super cute... wish I had such a friend too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh is that little Petey there? Oh my he is a sweetie isn't he and HELLO to Mom, how is you????
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stella Rose the most impawtant thing is you have THE VERY BEST POSITIVE attitude and are surrounded by love...everything else will fall into place.
    Petey is a cutie. We hope Mary Ann was doing well!
    The peeps met her at the BAR 2016 right?
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stella we know your mom is doing all the right things to help you live the best life possible. A whole lot of love goes a long ways too and we are sending you lots
    love
    Hazel, Mabel & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Oh yes I saw that piccie over at MA's; glad you all got to visit together. Stella, you are so right to look at the positive side of things - that in itself will help you. Here's hoping that food brings full benefit! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We know you're in good hands. We hope the new brain food and extras help, but as you say, there are many worse off. So, be peaceful, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your momma is doing right by you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you and your mom have the perfect plan, Stella Rose. I am keeping paws crossed that everything works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so lucky that you have the wonderful home you have, Stella Rose. We hope that brain food does a lot of good for you. It sounds pretty tasty to us and Mom says any fish you can get is great for the brain.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. stella...oh courz ewe will bee all rite.....♥♥♥ we hope thiz new treet mint werkz wunderz N wunderz sum mor....
    ♥♥♥

    N we dunno why ...we thinked petey was all reddy growed !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've had senior dogs that had those same issues that got worse as the day went on. I'm so glad your Mom is there for you, and so I know without a doubt it's all going to be just fine -- With extra treats and special food, how could it not be, right? :-) All our best vibes and lots of love coming to you from VA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you have everything under control Stellarose!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is hard to get old my frieind but you are doing it with grace and style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course you will be just fine! When all that love surrounds you,, there is no other way to be! And you have a wonderful vet... and good food!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, sounds like a FABulous plan! And don't worry, I have lots of thingies wrong with me, and Ma still loves me too ~ Moms are like that. I am sendin' lots of {{{hugs}}} and if you needs help remembering where the margarita truck is, just let me know, and I'll honk for you! BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stella Rose... we are SURE that thingys will be better fur you once you start the new foodables and its grrrreat ingredients start taking effect. We are sending you some POTP to help it along.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear about your malady. Hopefully the new food will help.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We're thankful you are in the right place NOW and your mom can take such good care of you. We hope the new food helps!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We think you will be just fine too! Is your mom gonna invite Petey into the house?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you're in good hands ... and the picture of your friend Petey is precious!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hugs to you all. You are in good hands.

    ReplyDelete