Thursday, September 21, 2017

RAIN and HEAT

Last night we got ALOT of rain.  Mom was super happy because southeast Iowa is in a severe drought and the yard is like concrete.  One of the things mom had to give up when she moved to the new house was taking her outside plants with her, it was to dry, and they would not have lived.  BUTT it is raining and storming now.  It started about 3 this morning.

Now I hates the thunder and lightening.  I bark EVERY TIME I hear thunder.  So last night and this morning I imagine I barked 156,000 times, more or less.  Of course I also stand on Moms head, because I have always heard to go to the high ground when ever high water is a threat.  I climb up on her pillow, and step on her head. Between barking and standing on her head, I don't think Mom got much sleep.  Hummmmmmmmm maybe you should think about those things mom when you order from Mr. Chewy.

Now Gussie boy doesn't mind the storms, he just snuggled up next to mom and tried to sleep.  What he does mind is getting his feets wet, so when Mom tried to take him outside at 5 this morning, and it was raining, and storming, he just locked his legs and stood on the deck, in the rain, refusing to pee.

Mags though ...well she is Mags.  She is like a little super hero.  ACCEPT when it is 5 in the morning ...EVERY morning and she needs to go outside to pee.  Rain or shine. So Mags is walking all over the bed, trying to get Mom up to go pee.  Gus is snuggling, and I am standing on her head.

Mom takes us all outside, I of course am like Gus and just look at her like she is nuts.  Maggie though runs through the storm, grabs her little soft ball, zooms around the yard, and does her business.  Just like every singe morning, rain or shine.

Later this morning the rain is supposed to stop and the heat will be back.  In the 90's.  When will fall ever get here??

Stella Rose


24 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had some storms but the rain is a good thing. We don't like going outside in the rain much either. Let's hope you all can get some sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh if I could I would send you some fall weather... for a little of your sun... we got cold weather over night and the rain has no stop button...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    that's quite the P-arty routine the three have you got going there!!! My angel Jade did not like thunder and did not like getting her feet wet and was fond of snuggling as close as was pawssible without me actually having to leave the bed. So I can sympaw-thighs with your mama!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make Dad take an umbrella when I go outside and it's raining.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make Dad take an umbrella when I go outside and it's raining.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your mom has wonderful snuggle pals in bed! OMD, in the 90's again?? We have cooled off and are loving it!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMCs you pugs are a paw full it sounds like in the wee hours of the morning. Stella Rose, as for storms my mom would be standing on your mom's head too and pacing and probably need to potty cause storms make her nervous too
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Pocket: I understand. I prefer to sit on Daddy's head. He is more hard deaded

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had all that rain and noise a few nights ago. Mom isn't happy about it either since she is still leash walking Timber for potty time. She was out at 3:00a.m. in the middle of a big sound and lights show the other night, and she came in with very wet feet:(

    We have all that heat and mugginess too - where is that Autumn we keep hearing about?

    We had an inspection of our property today to get our three or more dog city permit (which was granted), and the very nice police animal control lady who came was awestruck by the beautiful wreath your Mom made for us. It is still on our front door, and Mom hates to put it away for the fall.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. hay ewe dawgz.....thanx for theeze tipz; uz catz lurned sum stuff two day we haz knot tried ☺☺☺☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can picture the 3 of you in bed with your mom, especially you standing on her head, Stella Rose☺
    I am NOT a big fan of thunder and lightning either. I have to hide to stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We don't mind storms...except wind. When it's windy, Bella tap dances on HER! We also don't like wet feet, so sometimes use the carport...SHE's learned to live with it. We need rain, too....sigh. Today is supposed to be up in the 80's. We're hangin' out for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ghostwriter works the evening shift and doesn't get home until almost midnight. I don't mind if she and Dad don't wake up until 8am. I'm a good boy! I do bark at thunder, though. Fortunately there hasn't been a thunder storm in a while around here. It's been dry as a bone the last couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been raining here too for 24 hrs now. No thunder thank goodness.
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so clever of you to get to the high round like that, Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We hope fall gets to you soon!!! It is cooling off here in the Northwest, maybe it will move your way real soon!!
    xoxo,
    Arty and Jakey

    ReplyDelete
  17. We're wondering about the fall getting here too. And some in our house feel the same about rain and thunder too. Max the goldendoodle, doesn't like to go out at all when it rains - I say it's because he doesn't want to get his curls wet! :-)

    Have a fun weekend, friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We need rain! Really badly. And cooler weather, too!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my... we got the rain too and fortunately our dogs don't mind it. Your poor mom - she's a saint every morning at 5 AM! No heat for us. Supposedly, we will wake up to snow tomorrow. I'm not too happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I'm so sad that you are having some sickies! I'm sending you my strongest healing vibes. It's so great to see you again, my furiend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Stella Rose my little puggy gal pal we just read on the POTP that you are feeling poorly. I am so very sorry and I send you gentle kitty kisses and hugs to you and your sweet mama
    madi your bfff and mom

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, Stella Rose, and sending you lots of AireZen and POTP! Huge hugs for your mom♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Man I hears you! I dona't likes gettin my feets wet eithers! I hopes you gets some good weather soon!
    I just heard you are havin' some back troubles Stella ~ OMD, I hopes you are okays! Sendin' lots of loves and POTP and healin' vibes your way gurl! You are one brave Pug! {{{hugs}}}
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sending ya tons and tons of POTP. Feel better soon Stella. Us Doxies know how painful it is to have back problems. PawHugs

    ReplyDelete