Tuesday, September 26, 2017

UPDATE ON STELLIE

So here we are last night going to see the vet AGAIN, I mean I toles my mom over and over, we likes our new vet but do we have to go so many times!!!!!

So mom and vet Nancy was all worried about me so mom took me overs when hers got home from work, I kept telling hers I was fine, but you know how MOMS are!!!!

So friends this is the scoop...............Mom has noticed some different things happening to my body since the big move, and maybe even before Mom is not sure.  First of all and I am a little embarrassed to tells you all but if I don't mean Maggie will do a whole post about it and make it a big ole joke...........so when I bark I poop, when Mom picks me up I poop, I don't evens know I do it, it just happens, Mom talked to the vet about it when I had my stone surgery and he said it was most likely a neuro thing and of course there is no meds.  Mom said we would just deal wif it, and we do.

Then my tongue started to get in the way of everyfing, sometimes I fink it is going to choke me, and I am not sure what to do wif it, ..........we are just dealing wif it too.   Another funnier fing I do is bark at dad, alot, sometimes I forget who he is and then I remember.....lol..........

And sometimes my back leg forgets how to work, and I have to walk around dragging it awhile and then it remembers.  Yesterday while mom was working I had a longer episode wif my leg and Dad called mom, so when she got home we WENT TO THE VET!!!

Oh friends, my mom was all upset on the ways over, and I had to have a long talk wif her.  I toles her over and over I was gonna do just fine, and I also reminded her no matter what wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down the line, I was always gonna be wif her anyway.   Here is what I know and I am sharing it wif you friends.

When a human loses a loved one their heart just cracks and breaks and hurts, but somefing you humans don't realize is that those cracks and breaks is where we go to live, deep inside your heart forever and ever, healing the crack, and loving you just as much.  I fink when I reminded my mom of this, hers had her fingers in her ears singing so her didn't have to listen to me.

The xrays were fine, and my blood work was good , so no disc or spine problems. Vet Nancy agreed wif vet Dave, that it is more than likely a neuro problem, it could have been stress of the move in combination wif my blindness, my surgery, etc. etc.....stress does funny fings to us dogs to.  She said the best thing for me is to rest, and she gave me some special medicine that helps wif any pain I might haf.  Mom and her also agreed staying at the vet would not be a good fing for me, cos I cry real tears when mom leaves me all overs my fur, so Mom got to take me home!!

I am still eating well and drinking, and when I can I still run around and play, and I snuggle my momma.  Those are important good things for me.

So I am doing just fine, and I am home right where I need to be.

Love you much
Stella Rose

27 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OH Stella, you are so right about those heart-cracks... and I's messing my 'furs' right now with some tears - for you mum, not you, cuz you just let us know you's just getting on with life. Which is brilliant... still; it's a fact that age comes upon us and stress gets multiplied and the wheels start falling off the trolley. If you make the best of each day, even if some days are less best than others, it is all that can be wished for and nothing beats being among the loved and loving. Sending POTP and loads of the capital 'ell' my furiend. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommas are a little silly about those things. You just have some unique ways of dealing with the world, Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella Rose, you are just such a sweetie. Here you go trying to make your Mom (and us) feel better whenyou are the one who is having to "deal" with life. Getting older just sucks. But you have the right attitude - just get on with life and you will manage the best you can. Your Mom loves you so much, so give her some extra smoochies to let her know how much you love her too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are back at home, your mama is right, to be at home and together with your furmily is a part of any powerful treatment. We send lots of potp and hugs to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gotsa good attitude Stella. Now you jus gots to pass it on to Mom. PawHugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said all the right things to your momma even if she did have her fingers in her ears. We have our paws crossed that with some rest you can feel better soon. Don't let Eddie go for any rides on your back okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You still have impawtent lessons to teach your mom that is fur sure! Yes, the move and surgery would have put a lot of stress on you. Time to sit on the porch, drink some sweet tea, and chillax. As for pooping when you bark, that isn't so different from peeing when you sneeze and Lordy do hoomans know about that! Feel better soon!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. We hope those symptoms will go away with time. Maybe it's just stress. We'll be thinking about you and sending lots of POTP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stellie, this post makes my heart hurt a little bit. I know you're okay but now I'm worried. I'm praying really hard for you, ok? *ear licks* Noodle

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is wonderful that you get to be home with your mom. We are sending lots of love and prayers for you to feel better. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Getting old can be a real challenge Stella, what's a little poop on the floor - keeps the peeps busy. We love you sweet girl, you and mom are in our prayers
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stella Rose, we send you lots of purrs and rumbles to help you through your health problems. We know you are brave but your mom is going to worry about you anyway. So get plenty of rest and snuggle lots with your mom. And your dad too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stella Rose bless your little pug heart. I just love what you wrote about us pets lliving in the cracks of broken hearts!! You are way wiser than Confucius.
    Getting old is not for sissies of any species we have to just trudge on taking baby steps and enjoying each day. I know as I have had many ups and downs since October. I 100% agree about stress and illness. I was so stressed out when my peeps were away on vacation in June I took a terrible downward spin.
    Love and kitty kisses Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeez I have missed so much I had to go way way back to see that you moved to the corn fields in the country ~ no longer city folks ~ sound like Green Acres only Dad is Ava Gabor. Oh Stella with the kidney stones my Lee is crying because they hurt so bad she has her first stone NOW and spent last Wednesday night in the ER on a pain drip. And you poor thing had a bundle of them why those are enough to make poopie. Getting older the body just does not do what we want it to do but love understands this.
    Take care
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gurl, you are one sweet puppers! Yes, as I am findin' out (and what my Ma already knows) is gettin' old isn't for wimps! I am sendin' lots of healin' vibes and AireZens and lots of {{{hugs}}} for your Moms! You keeps her calm, k? Moms worry LOTS!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well...we hope it is stress, sounds manageable at the moment--but we know how pawrents are. And we think as long as you remember eventually to do stuff...that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. stella....we haz thiz awesum pal whooz name be st francis; N we will ask him ta sendz lotz N lotz oh blessignz yur way; catz noe all bout change N stress sew we total lee understand...we send R sorreez N pleez knot ta laff at thiz but ask mom ta go two you tube N look for harp mewsic for dogs N cats...noe joke.....her can google it; harp mewsic for dawgs... first... ta get diffrunt linx N stuff ~~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. We hope that you will soon be stress-free, Stella, and you will regroup. We are sending you lots of positive vibes and a huge hug for your mom♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Purrayers and POTP for you Stella Rose - and for your Mama & Papa and all the vets who take care of you !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Stella girl, what we gonna do with you! We're so sorry to hear of your little issues. You just keep being lovable you and things will work out. Hang tough sweetie pie!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stella Rose we will be praying for all those strange things to stop happening to you. Your remarks about healing the pain in our hearts touched me and I know it's true, but we don't like to think about it. Hunter is sending you lots of love and kisses.
    Wags,
    Noreen and Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  22. Firstly, our hearts go out to your Mom. This must be so terriby upsetting for her. Secondly, we believe in you Stella and we pray with a little rest you are going to be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are thinking of you Stellarose, and are glad you are home and know all about those cracks and how we can fill them! Sending love and hugs to you and your Mama.
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Baby Rosy
    (and Mama too!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Stella! I'm sorry you have been having some issues lately. Sending some good pug juju that you feel better soon!

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anesthesia can cause damage, that's why it's always a risk. A friend's elderly Aunt had surgery, and the Anesthesia damaged her kidneys. She had to go on dialysis. But she did eventually recover, she just needed time. So hopefully the same thing will happen with Stella!

    ReplyDelete