Monday, September 15, 2014

FROM GUSSIE

Today I went to see the Frankenvet cos Isa been sick all weekend.  FURST on Saturday I started to cough and gag while Mom and I was watching a movie.  Mom patted me on the back and toles me it was okay, but it really wasn't cos I couldn't stop coughing....I coughed and coughed and coughed and gagged.  Momma was worried.

THEN Dad came home wif his hoggy friends.  Hoggy as in these guys.
Remember LAST year when I tried to steal their bikes, cos I didn't like them.......I toles them I was a better looking biker.....

WELL, I embarrassed myself cos I still couldn't stop coughing and it got sooo bad Momma had to call the Frankenvet late Saturday night.  Hesa was busy probably at the biker rally and didn't want to be interrupted so he toles Momma to give me Benadryl cos I probably was allergic to something.  Yeah, Frankenvet allergic to all this stinky leather in ours house!!!!

WELL, Momma was afeared to give her off brand medicine so hers gave me chicken noodle soup and honey instead, I still cougheded and cougheded and cougheded....Mom and I stayed up all's night long.  Finally she put me in a steamy shower, but I was still gagging and coughing.  No one slept except Dad.  He just didn't have it in him to stay up ALL night long like Momma did.

So by Sunday afternoon I had lost my bark entirely, but I was resting better.  Mom and the Frankenvet talked more and he thought it could be kennel cough.  Mom was supposed to call back on Monday.

On Monday I acted somewhat better, but the Frankenvet said that Stellie and Maggie also had to come to the vet and get this special medicine SO they would not get sick.  Well, afters they seen me, and checked me over, they decided it WAS NOT kennel cough, but that my trachea is small, and it was swollen and irritated.  I toles the Frankenvet it was from me smelling stinky biker jackets all weekend.  Hers did not believe me.  She gave me antibiotics for two weeks, and prednisone for two weeks, and other med and a breathing treatment.  Mom said befores hers knows it Isa gonna be up and running wild again.

Mom also toles me she was so proud of me how brave I acted at the vet.  I listened to hers, and didn't bark and carry on like when I goes wif Dad.  I toles her it was because my special angel friend went wif me and Isa wasn't even scared.

Angus McConnell

22 comments:

  1. OMD OMD Angus Mac.... we are soooooooo sorry that you had the Cough thingy and that it made your Bark go Bankrupt and stuffs.
    We have to take a SHOT fur keepin away the Kennel Cough stuffs. Butt that is NOT what you had and that is GOOD.
    We are Thrilled that you ARE better NOW. Take Care Buddy... you got a BUNCH of Driving to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's no good....coughing and having a sore throat. We hope the Frankenvet is right and you're back driving that campaign bus in a jiffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angus, I am sorry you are sicky. I hope that medicine works real fast and you are so brave. Please just rest and soon you will be all better.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well durn it all! Sendin the PoP fur yu to get well real fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice that you have such a good momma who stays up all night with you and makes you soup! And also that you have your special angel friend to help you feel brave at the vet. I bet your special angel friend will help you get well quick, too! Hooray for no kennel cough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor gussie ---that would of been so scary - we sure hope you get to feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it is a good thing that you get better so you can keep up with the campaign trail, that is hard work. Gussie I do pray you get better soon.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what-- you have larengitus from all that barking at your daddys buddys!
    That magic medicine from the dr will make you better in no time at all!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Gussie, you lost your bark how scary was that, I hope you get it back soon. I also hope you get to feeling better too.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are proud of you too! We sure hope you get feeling better and the prednisone doesn't make you pee your pants. Rest up buddy!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Join us for our week long "Road To The Great Debate"! It started today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy Angus we know that cough. Foley had it and River has it. Sometimes rubbing the throat helps but with yours being swollen probably not. Please take care our friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We Beaglebratz iz wunderin'sumthin' - u sed u had bin coughin'a lot so we're thinkin'of course ur throat wood b irritated - woodn't it? ANYWAYZ - since u haz your own speshal angel then thoze anty-b-otikz shood werk really fast so u can keep drivin'that campain bus. Hurry an'feel better fast.
    Shiloh-Lord of the Manor an'Diva Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better so you can do the campaign driving !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bad cough better stay away for good. That must have been so scary
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  15. We hope that you get your bark back real soon Angus...We are so sorry you had a sickie weekend!!
    Smiley Hugs!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Scary Gussie. We so hope you are better soon. Sending POTP to you. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh dear feel better Gussie

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Gus sweetie we are so sorry you got the nasty creeping crud just before you big Road Trip. We hope and purr the medicine helps you and keeps the rest of the pack well
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I'm glad it wasn't kennel cough, but I sure hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Dear, we hope you feel better soon Gussie!

    Edgar and his mum

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oops. Blogger ate our comment again while we were signing in.

    Rest well so you recover completely, Gus.

    ReplyDelete