Friday, July 26, 2013
Anyway Mom talks about having pugs in her life as BEFORE PUGS and AFTER PUGS ..this is what she thinks about it.
1. Dog food was purchased from the grocery store-- whatever was on sale. Zeus lived to be 12 years old.
2. A toy was only purchased at Christmas.
3. Mom went shopping for herself more often.
4. The Vet was only seen once a year or as needed which was almost never.
5. Dogs slept on the floor on their blanket. Never one time did Zeus sleep in their bed.
6. Dad gave real bacon as treats all the time or whatever meat he was cooking.
7. Mom and Dad would jump in the car and head off for the day and the dog would be just fine while they were gone.
8. In 12 years Zeus only had one accident on the floor and that was because he was sick. Mom NEVER bought pee pads.
1. Only grain free dog food is purchased ..if not there is alot of gas in the house and our fur is not as shiny as it should be. Grain free dog food costs mom what a new outfit for work would each month.
2. At least one new toy is purchased each month, and always on our birthdays and of course at Christmas time. Sometimes we even get to play with baby toys that the grandmonsters used to play with.
3. Mom has not bought a new outfit for yourself for work in over a year.
4. We are on a first name basis with the Frankenvet. We know where they live, what their home phone number is, and what athletic events their children attend. Now we go to a new vet so we are going to have to learn all these things all over again. Our vet is on speed dial.
5. We used to sleep with mom and dad until they changed bedrooms. Now we have a great big bed of our own that Dad puts in the big bathroom each night. We wish we could still sleep with Mom and Dad but I cannot see in their new room and I cry and want to go back to the old room. Sometimes Mom feels sorry for us, and they get out the air mattress and sleep in the old bedroom with us. Its like pretend camping.
6. Dad sneaks us little pieces of bacon but not very often cos Mom has a eagle eye about good and bad treats. I eat alot of fruits and vegetables.
7. Dad and Mom only go places we can go which means they don't get to go as often. People shy away from people who have three dogs so their human circle of friends have gotten much smaller.
8. In the 3.5 years I have been here I have had so many accidents on the floor Mom can't keep track! Now, we are all doing much better. We should own stock in a pee pad company.
Mom says there must be a special place in heaven for pug owners....I tell mom she is already there.
The bikers are coming tomorrow......