Tuesday, October 13, 2015
1. Dad is alive, we think that is very important to remember because unless you are super human or have really thick skin like our dad an object weighing 450 lbs. usually does some serious serious damage. Dad does not even have one bruise except from the Heparin shots he gets everyday, those needles leave holes the size of Texas. He does have a broken L-5 and a shattered L-3 and a broken L-1 but he is still superhuman to us.
2. Dad can now eat food. He was very happy last night when Mom brought him a hot ham/cheese sandwich from Subways........
3. Dad can drink water, pop and tea.....we look at it as a good thing, he may look at it as a bad thing cos you will notice there is no beer listed.
4. Dad is now in skilled care, which only takes our Mom 3.5 min. to get to the hospital from our house and her work. No more long long drives each day.
5. Today we got a present in the mail, called a damnit doll, it came from our friends in Australia...with a kangaroo card....we think it maybe it was meant for our mom but we took it out early this morning to Dad, this was the FIRST time in a week we seen him SMILE. Thank you dear friends. WE left it at the hospital in his room, it needs some color in there.
6. Today our Dad starts physical therapy so he can get better fast and come home soon. He will need to wear his brace for at least 3 months so it is not a fast moving recovery. Mom told Dad last night all your prayers have gotten him to this point.
WE don't really want to share the down things, cos Mom will cry and since she has been a big bawl baby she is working on not bawling around so much. Dad is still working on getting rid of the pneumonia and coughing .....and his back still needs morphine, so he is pretty crabby and it is hard not to take that personal. Sometimes Mom cries in the corner where no one can see her. She feels all your hugs though and that takes the tears away.
We will be back later this week.
Stella Rose, Maggie Mae, Angus Mac and Momma