Friday, July 25, 2014

FRACTURED FRYDAY HAIRY TALES

FOR MURPHY AND STANLEY

BEFORE my brother Sammy J. Simpson went to live at the Bridge each and everyday he played tricks on me....sometimes they were funny tricks, and sometimes they were stinky brother tricks.  Just like human brothers and sisters, we fighted a little and loved each other a lot.  Then he left.

I try to always remember Sammy with a smile but sometimes my eyes get all wet and misty cos I miss him much.  I found out even if he is not right by my side anymore he still watches over me as my brother, in good ways and stinky ways.  Here is my story:

Not long after Sammy went to the bridge Mom went shopping at the magical store called Target.  Its a store filled with millions of items and Mom can spend hours in there.  That day she brought home this blue box called a footstool.  It was for our Dad to put his feet on, since Mom and I had stolen his recliner.  This box was pretty cool cos it also had a lid on it, that Mom stored my extra toys, and treats. 



One night a few weeks before Christmas, I woke up to the racket coming from the family room.  I knew it was not time for Santa to show up at ours house so I figured it was mean ole cat Dietzman trying to figure out how to knock down the Christmas tree yet, ONE MORE TIME.  I figured there would be no harm done, if I just went back to sleep.

The racket continued though so I thought I had better check it out before Mom and Dad woke up.  I followed the sound to Dad's foot stool, and there on top of it was a big red BOW.  I was startled, and wondered just who was playing this trick on us.  I sit there quietly and looked at the box for a long time, and then I heard a snicker, and a chuckle, and a laugh, I looked all around the room, and all I could see was the lights from our Christmas Tree.  I knew that snicker anywhere though, and called out Sammy J. Simpson, just what have you done!!!



I was afraid to get to close to it, cos there were weird sounds coming from inside, but I took a deep breathe and when I OPENED THE BOX I WAS STARTLED TO FIND.......THIS!!!!




Sitting way down in the bottom of the box among all the toys, wearing a Christmas Hat!  A PUG!!!!
 
I reached inside and brought her up out of the box.  She was a little bitty tiny puppy, and there was a little note inside that said, "I will always know what you need....Your Brudder  Sammy J. Simpson"
 
 
Mom and Dad came in to see what all the commotion was about and saw us standing together on the top of Dad's foot box.  What a wonderful Christmas.  Of course they never saw the days that Margaret Mae dragged me around by my leg and stoled all my toys, and tried to take the apples out of my food.  They were blind wif love.

A few more months came and went.  Margaret and I were still trying to work out a peaceful existence, and mostly it was Momma and I who spent our time together.  We still talked a lot about Sammy J. Simpson and Sweet Trudie, and even though we loved Margaret our lives felt unbalanced.

I talked to Sammy J. in my prayers and told him I was trying hard, and so was Mom but sometimes it would be so nice just to see him again.  I swear the night I said those words the stars were shining extra brightly and twinkling down just on me.

The next morning when I woke up Margaret was a barking and sniffing around Dad's foot box and I ran over to help her get her toys out of it.  But I OPENED THE BOX I WAS STARTLED TO FIND.......THIS!!!!

Do you SEE him standing on top of that toy, see how tiny he is.  Yes, it was Baby Gussie, otherwise known as Angus McConnell Long!!!   Sammy had come through for Mom and me and brought us a baby brother, that needed us just as much as we needed him!!

He was a extra tiny little boy, and I recognized him right away cos we shared the same momma at the crappy mill.   He ran over to me, and gave me a hug, and he ran over to Margaret and said, " I am here to terrorize you and play wif you!'  She loved him from that day on!!

Now our family is complete and Momma has another boy to watch over.  Thank you Brudder Sammer for knowing what our family needs.  I know you help Gussie all the time figure out the ways of life in our home.  I know you still watch over us each day.

Stella Rose Long






24 comments:

  1. Gosh, this story made me cry... I am so glad Sammie and Trudie are watching over you from the Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have leaky eyes. Awwwwwww. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww - that wuz a good story - we Beaglebratz like happy endingz'an it'z good tue know that u haz Angel Sammy an'Angel Trudie tue look over u'all.
    Shiloh-Lord of the Manor'n Diva Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sitting at work crying because I know just how you feel. Street losing our baby Jakey things just weren't the same. Then along came Georgie and he is a little black Pug and he reminds us so much of our Jakey. We know that Jakey sent him to us to help heal our hearts ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. STELLA WHAT A BEAUTIFUL STORY....WE KNOW YOU MISS YOUR
    SIBLINGS AND WHAT A NICE WAY TO REMEMBER THEM.
    HUGS
    MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sniffle Sniff Sniffle Snoooooootttt OMD Stella Rose... your story made us CRY... tears of sad and GLAD. What a super Story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story. We sure do miss our brothers and sisters when they have to leave and although we NEVER forget them, it's nice to have other brothers and sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Stella! that was just the best story ever!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the bestest story EVER! We loved it!! Thanks for pawticipating!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a wonderful story, you opened a box two times and everey time there was a super cute pug inside... do you think they sell magic footstools at Target or was it the magic of Sammy? We have such a footstool too... butt someone ate the lid... mom said that was a moron... so I think that means not moi :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Crap Stella, Mommy can't see the keys to type now!

    What a very special story.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD, that is the bestest story ever!!! He was so tiny and cute. I am so happy now.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. We think you should keep the lid on that foot box. Little brothers can be annoying. Just listen to us, Roxy and Bella. Don't want to find any more....

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was one of the sweetest FFHT stories we have read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, that was so sweet - wonder what will be in the blue box this Christmas? We think we might need to get us one of those boxes too:)

    Happy weekend.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww! What a sweet story! We love a story with a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a wonderful story because it had a happy ending!
    We love happy endings!
    The box was packed full of goodness for sure!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crikey Stella Rose ..... that was the best story EVER!!! AND the best part about it ...... IT'S TRUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This brings tears to our eyes!!! We [heart] you guys!!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete